Clean the air, beautify your neighbourhood, and bring fresh fruits or nuts to your community all at the same time with our Edible Trees program. Your community gardening group, arboretum, school, housing project, or other organization can apply to have a project funded. Tree Canada will consider projects that meet the following criteria:
- Increases equitable access to healthy food
- Strengthens communities by empowering neighbors to share in the harvest and care of city-grown food resources
- Benefits the local community by providing access to the trees and their fruit by the public ( i.e. food banks, volunteers, community kitchens)
- Meets the needs of the community and includes creative plans for the produce grown
- Takes place within a geographic area suitable for growing fruit and nut trees
- Protects and preserves the Canadian environment
- Assists residents in understanding and participating in
- environmental activities in local communities.
CLICK HERE to see our 2012 Edible Trees photo gallery!
Thank you to our generous Edible Trees program sponsors: