Tree Canada is looking for a Communications Coordinator!
Who you are…
As a Communications Coordinator, you are part of a passionate Communications and Marketing team and your energy drives you to get immediate results and engagements with our audiences. You will connect with our followers, e-subscribers, and anyone who wants to know more about our work and how they can support us. You will be the keeper of our event schedule and keep our future full of possibilities, including responding to media and setting up interviews to get trees in the spotlight for all Canadians.
You are an ideas person; working laterally across our teams to push the envelope on new initiatives and thinking outside the box. You are quick on your feet to respond and interact with our social feeds. You are flexible and available to work during and after hours to keep our networks interested and engaged.
Who we are…
Tree Canada is the only national charity dedicated to planting and nurturing trees in both urban and rural areas. Since the 90’s we have planted over 82 million trees across the country. Our job is to get trees in the ground, inspire learning and get Canadians talking about trees to impart positive change on our environment and well-being thanks to the benefits that trees provide.
Join our team and become an ambassador for an important solution to climate change. Come and stand up for the trees, join our dynamic and dedicated group of experts in their field that work hard every day to make real change happen, one or more trees at a time!
What you will be doing…
• Post, monitor and actively engage in social media on all Tree Canada channels (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube)
• Make content updates to the Tree Canada website using WordPress
• Coordinate logistics and public relations for conferences and speaking events
• Prepare event scenarios and briefing notes involving all relevant stakeholders
• Perform weekly media monitoring team briefings
• Write blog posts and interview guests and/or work with guest contributors
• Use analytics and marketing metrics to demonstrate Comms team efforts
What we are looking for…
• A qualification in marketing or journalism or commensurate experience
• Experience delivering communications for a not-for-profit
• Exemplary communication skills – written, oral and presentation in both official languages
• Can craft words as much as visuals to tell stories, sell products or make a point
• Ability to identify and resolve problems effectively and quickly
• Resilient, can-do attitude
• Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite: InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, WordPress or HTML, Bakery, Mailchimp, Constant Contact, SurveyMonkey
Salary will be dependent upon experience and education.
This position is a full-time, permanent position that offers attractive benefits, great work/life balance and opportunities for growth.
If you are looking for a challenge and an opportunity to shape a unique and creative environmental organization, please indicate your interest by forwarding a résumé and covering letter along with salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org under the subject “Communications Coordinator” by January 2, 2019.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Tree Canada is an equal opportunity employer. If you require a disability-related accommodation, contact the Administration Manager at the address above.