It’s time to plant trees! Tree Canada is the only national not-for-profit dedicated to planting and nurturing trees in urban and rural environments. To date, 82 million trees have been planted by Tree Canada through the generous support of corporations, government departments, foundations and individuals, and we are just getting started. If you believe in the benefits of trees and are looking for a dynamic workplace that is poised for growth, Tree Canada would love to hear from you!
The Development Assistant will provide administrative support to the Development team by assisting with the stewardship of sponsors and donors, the execution of two annual fundraising campaigns, and with the ongoing maintenance of records in both GiftWorks and Salesforce databases.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Provides administrative support to Development Manager and Corporate Partnership and Philanthropy Coordinator.
- Responds to inquiries from prospective donors/sponsors.
- Assists in the preparation of sponsor agreements.
- Assists with the planning and delivery of Tree Canada’s Winter and Spring fundraising campaigns.
- Helps to create and run Development reports through GiftWorks and Salesforce databases.
- Performs other related duties as required.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
Post-secondary education in a related field such as fundraising, marketing/communications, business development, or a combination of related education and experience.
DECISION MAKING & ACCOUNTABILITY
Works under general supervision and receives guidance as required.
Seeks guidance and consults with others as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Detail-oriented and organized with a demonstrated client-focused mindset.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work both independently and with a team in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong computer skills including proficiency with MS Office and other database software such as GiftWorks and Salesforce as well as web-based content management platforms.
- Respect for the values and differences that all members of a small team bring to an office environment; adaptable to different approaches and flexible to move in new directions.
- Ability to communicate both in English and French, an asset.
Salary will be commensurate with experience.
This position is a term full-time (37.5 hours/week) contract, starting February 24, 2020 to February 26, 2021 with a strong possibility for renewal.
If you are looking for a challenge and an opportunity to shape a unique and creative environmental organization, please indicate your interest by forwarding a résumé and covering letter addressing how your qualifications and experience meet the requirements for the position to email@example.com under the subject “Development Assistant” by February 7, 2020.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Tree Canada is an equal opportunity employer. If you require a disability-related accommodation, contact the Administration Manager at the address above.