Tree Canada is a registered charity proudly dedicated to improving the lives of Canadians by planting and nurturing trees while teaching about the value of trees. To date we have planted 82 million trees through the support of corporate sponsors, foundations and individuals.
As a Program Assistant with Tree Canada, you will learn valuable skills that will enhance your employability in the Environmental sector. You will also become part of a dynamic team of dedicated professionals who are working in the pursuit of a greener and healthier living environment for all Canadians.
The Program Assistant is responsible for providing administrative support to the Operations, Development, Communications & Marketing departments.
Specific responsabilities include:
- Following, logging and updating appropriate sponsor information for social media
- Helping to compile sponsor summary information
- Evaluating project applications
- Updating and maintenance of project and sponsorship data
- Organizing and updating project and sponsor files
- Drafting letters of project grant approval and sending agreements to project grant recipients
- Creating allocations and projects on Salesforce
- Providing data for sponsorship final reports
- Following-up with prospective sponsors when appropriate
- Responding to enquiries from the public regarding programs, grants, donations and sponsorship
- Documenting and categorizing photo collection
Education & Experience:
- Candidate should be pursuing a post-secondary degree in forestry, environmental studies, geography or other related discipline. S/He may also be a recent graduate intending to pursue further education in the upcoming academic year.
- Experience in the not-for-profit sector is an asset
Decision making & Accountability:
- Works under general supervision and receives guidance as required.
- Makes decisions and exercises independent judgement within generally established procedures and practices.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Strong computer skills including proficiency with Dropbox and Excel; knowledge and experience in Salesforce and Giftworks is an asset.
- Detail oriented and organized with a demonstrated client-focused mindset.
- Ability to work both independently and with a team in a fast-paced environment
- Respect for the values and differences that all members of a small team bring to an office environment; adaptable to different approaches and flexible to move in new directions
$14 per hour (37.5 hours per week) + 4% vacation pay.
Sixteen (16) weeks beginning September 3, 2019 and ending December 20, 2019
How to apply:
If you are looking for a challenge and an opportunity to shape a unique and creative environmental organization, please indicate your interest by forwarding a résumé and covering letter addressing how your qualifications and experience meet the requirements for the position to email@example.com under the subject “Program Assistant” by August 23, 2019