How To Apply
Deadline for submission: February 24, 2017
Tree Canada staff will review the Edible Trees applications and make recommendations for funding support according to the established criteria.
- Proposed project: Demonstrated understanding of the purpose of the program and in designing a creative program that promotes innovative practice.
- Community Engagement: Demonstrated ability to involve the community, other not-for-profit organizations and volunteers.
- Technical Expertise: Demonstrated capacity that the expertise is present or can be sought to guide the applicants in its efforts. Grant recipients may be encouraged to use a portion of their funding to include an educational component.
- Monitoring and Maintenance: Demonstrated commitment to maintenance and description of the role of community members, staff, and volunteers.
- Promotion: A commitment to publicize the Program, including program partners, Tree Canada and Funders, in a variety of ways that may include a launch event, press release and reaching out to local print media.
- Evaluation: That a system is in place at the community level to evaluate the success of the program 3 years into the future.
Please read the following guidelines carefully before submitting your application.
By submitting your application, you understand that Tree Canada will contribute grant funding upon acceptance of the final report once the project has been completed as per approved application.