Who Can Apply
Who is eligible for funding?
Funding is available, but not limited to, community gardening groups, community housing projects, communities, schools, parks and arboretums. Tree Canada will consider publicly-accessible projects that meet the following guidelines:
- Increases equitable access to healthy food
- Strengthens communities by empowering neighbors to share in the harvest and care of city-grown food resources
- Benefits the local community by providing access to the trees and their fruit by the public ( i.e. food banks, volunteers, community kitchens)
- Meets the needs of the community and includes creative plans for the produce grown
- Takes place within a geographic area suitable for growing fruit and nut trees
- Protects and preserves the Canadian environment
- Assists residents in understanding and participating in environmental activities in local communities.
For questions concerning eligibility and application support for the Edible Trees program, please contact Megan Quinn at 613-567-5545 x 230 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.