Partners In Planting
How It Works
Please allow three to four months planning time to help us to secure a suitable planting site for your group, and to ensure tree stock availability. Deadline for spring (late April to early June) planting sites is February 15, 2017. Deadline for autumn (September and October) planting sites is June 15, 2017.
- Tree Canada works with you to create an employee volunteer opportunity through our Partners in Planting Program.
- Number of trees for your event is based on your company budget and number of participating employee volunteers (20 - 100 employee volunteers).
- Planning for five trees per employee volunteer, ensures a successful two-hour event.
- Upon confirmation, Tree Canada advisers seek a nearby site for your planting/maintenance event to take place (public land or park areas, in need of greening).
- Events can also take place on company property, as greening company grounds is very important in fostering a healthy work environment.
Tree Canada Community Adviser will:
- Find appropriate site
- Visit the site to determine fitting tree species and size of trees
- Order trees, organize delivery of trees and materials to the planting site
- Meet with you and your team on planting day, to guide your group through the planting/maintenance event
Team building opportunity; community engagement and corporate citizenship in areas where your employees live and work. Offers a lasting legacy for employees and company.
Individual Urban Trees
If the time isn't right to get your employees out planting, you can contribute urban trees to an area in need, in your region.
For more information, please contact our Manager, Corporate Sponsorship and Philanthropy, or call 613-567-5545 ext. 228.