Accounts Payable Officer
Tree Canada is seeking a highly organized individual to support the day-to-day capture and recording of invoices and purchase orders, monthly reconciliations, vendor payments and general communications to both vendors and internal staff.
Deadline: January 27, 2023 11:59 pm EST
ABOUT TREE CANADA
Tree Canada is the only national non-profit organization dedicated to planting and nurturing trees in rural and urban environments, in every province across the country. We help to grow Canada’s tree canopy through our programs, research, and engagement efforts and by offering grants to communities and schools. We are thought-leaders and capacity-builders, collaborating with a network of industry experts, academics, and other non-profits to deepen community knowledge and help municipalities plan and sustain local canopy.
Together with our partners and sponsors, we have planted more than 84 million trees. If you believe in the benefits of trees and are looking for a dynamic workplace that is poised for growth, Tree Canada would love to hear from you!
The successful candidate will be responsible for the day-to-day capture and recording of invoices and purchase orders, monthly reconciliations, vendor payments and general communications to both vendors and internal staff.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE
- Collect and record purchase orders in logbook
- Verifying purchase orders with corresponding invoices
- Recording vendor invoices using Financial Edge NXT
- Preparing payment to vendors (both cheques and electronic funds transfers) while maintaining accurate payment records
- Maintaining accuracy and completeness of vendor records
- Responding to various vendor inquiries
- Conducting occasional verifications to ensure internal controls are in place and working effectively
- Assist with recording month-end journal entries
- Assisting with cheque deposits
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Completion of CGA or current enrolment in program OR post-secondary education relating to accounting
- A minimum of 3 years recent experience in accounting in a non-profit environment OR a comparative combination of relevant education and experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
- Thorough knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and Canada Revenue Agency regulations for Canadian Registered Charities.
- Strong computer skills, with competency in using intermediate/advanced features of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word), accounting software and working with a database.
- A team player that is collaborative, positive and flexible.
- Ability to handle confidential matters; demonstrated integrity.
- Demonstrated attention to detail and accuracy.
- Demonstrated organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and meet tight deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to interact with individuals at all levels.
- Bilingualism English and French is an asset.
Tree Canada offers a competitive medical and dental benefits package and RRSP contributions matched by employer (up to 5% of salary). Salary will be commensurate with experience.
Full-time permanent position (37.5 hours/week).
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
Tree Canada is committed to diversity, equality and inclusion. We invite applications from candidates of all backgrounds regardless of age, physical ability, gender, race, religion, and sexual orientation. We will provide any requested accommodation to candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process.
You don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of colour are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. If you’re excited about this role but your experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Back to all opportunities
If you are looking for a challenge and an opportunity to shape a unique and creative environmental organization, please indicate your interest by forwarding a résumé and cover letter addressing how your qualifications and experience meet the requirements for the position. Applications will be accepted until January 27, 2023, and only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Include the subject “Accounts Payable Officer”.Apply Now