On September 21st, Tree Canada celebrated its 11th annual National Tree Day across the country. Thanks to the support of BMO Financial Group, we were able to host our largest National Tree Day ever with community planting events in every province. It was a huge success!
National Tree Day 2022 by the Numbers:
- More than 1,200 volunteers helped to plant almost 4,500 trees for National Tree Day!
- Tree Canada planned community planting events in 12 host cities, including two flagship events in Mississauga and Montreal.
- Individuals, community groups, municipalities and businesses organized 40 events during National Forest Week and registered them on Tree Canada’s event map!
We couldn’t have achieved this success without the support of our community, volunteers, sponsors and partners that showed up to help plant trees and promote our events across the country. Thank you so much for your interest in growing better places to live.
NTD Celebration Contest Winner
This year, Tree Canada offered National Tree Day event organizers a chance to win a free tree planting event in 2023. We are excited to share that the contest winner is Cooksville Creek Public School in Mississauga, Ontario! To celebrate National Tree Day, they used QR codes to allow students to observe tree art, poetry, music and identification facts as they explored the trees on their school property. Thank you to the students and staff at Cooksville Creek Public School for celebrating all the benefits that trees provide in such a creative way. Congratulations!
Whether you joined in our National Tree Day celebrations or hope to participate next year, take a look through our photo galleries from each event to see all the fun that was had and trees that were planted across the country!
- Vancouver NTD Photos
- Edmonton NTD Photos
- Saskatoon NTD Photos
- Winnipeg NTD Photos
- Mississauga NTD Photos
- Toronto NTD Photos
- Ottawa NTD Photos
- Montreal NTD Photos
- Saint John NTD Photos
- Truro NTD Photos (photos to come)
- Charlottetown NTD Photos (photos will be shared once the rescheduled event has been completed)
- St. John’s NTD Photos