Eligibility & Conditions
Nominations for this award are open from January 18 until March 31st.
- Open to active or retired Canadians who are: urban forestry practitioners, researchers, educators, or anyone involved in activities promoting or involving urban forestry.
- Awards are open to people with demonstrated experience in urban forestry for a minimum of fifteen years.
- Eligible activities are those that have impacted Canada locally, regionally, provincially, or nationally or in the case of international contributions have promoted Canadian urban forestry.
- All submissions must include:
- A current and complete curriculum vitae, and a list of activities in support of the submission.
- Three supporting letters indicating why the nominee deserves the award.
- Applications must be submitted using Tree Canada’s online form.
- Applications can be made (i) by the named applicant themselves; or (ii) submitted by a nominator on behalf of a named applicant with their consent.
- All applications are treated as confidential by the Review Committee.
- Applications are accepted in English or French.