Tree Canada encourages Canadian property owners to submit a proposal to be part of our National Greening Program, which supports landowners with their tree planting projects where there is a need for forest rehabilitation, afforestation or ecosystem restoration.
What properties are eligible?
- areas formerly used for crop rotation
- meadows, grasslands and riparian areas
- woodlands that could use enhancement
Plant-able area must be a minimum of 4 hectares (10 acres) or greater .
- areas which are currently under a forest tenure license for future commercial wood harvest
- sites in which reforestation is mandated under provincial legislation following disturbance and/or resource extraction
- wetlands and permanently flooded sites, sites with active crop rotation
- sites that are frequented by livestock
There are exceptions to these eligibility criteria. For questions concerning eligibility and application support, please contact our National Greening Program Manager.
Fields marked with an * are required.