Eligibility & Conditions
Eligible candidates will be selected among recipients of Tree Canada’s Community Tree Grants. A shortlist of the best eligible projects will be open for public voting in May 2024 to choose the award winner.
- Open to recipients of Tree Canada’s Community Tree Grants in the two calendar years preceding the application period.
- Project must demonstrate meaningful engagement of the community for greening, innovation, education, and stewardship initiatives.
- Project must demonstrate best management practices for urban forest establishment and maintenance, with innovative urban design solutions.
- Eligible candidates will be evaluated based on the final reports that are submitted as part of the Community Tree Grant process.
- The shortlist of eligible candidates, as selected by the Review Committee, will be contacted prior to being announced as an award nominee for the public vote. Candidates may decline to be included for consideration.
- Additional information may be requested by the Review Committee.