Host CUFC 2026
Tree Canada is seeking proposals by municipalities to host the 16th Canadian Urban Forest Conference in 2026. Fill out the below Notice of Intent form by December 20th, 2023 to be considered. Find out about the entire application process, here.
What You Can Expect
- Showcase your municipality’s greenspaces and approaches to urban forestry to forestry specialists from across Canada.
- Increased travel and tourism with approximately 350 conference participants spending 3-4 days in your City and contributing to the local economy.
- Position your City as a municipal leader in urban greening, contributing to the fight against climate change and its impact on communities.
- Co-Chair the CUFC Organizing Committee with Tree Canada and participate on various sub-committees to plan, deliver and evaluate the conference.
- Assume all costs relating to the conference; retain all revenues generated.
- Plan and coordinate all local field tours for conference participants.
- Promote the conference to urban forestry professionals and related practitioners at the local and regional levels.
- Secure sponsors and trade show exhibitors in collaboration with Tree Canada.
- Co-Chair the Organizing Committee with the host City and participate in sub-committees to plan, deliver and evaluate the conference.
- Lead the curation and development of the conference program and speaker selection.
- Host the CUFC 2026 website and other communications channels.
- Promote the conference to urban forestry professionals and related practitioners at the national level.
- Secure sponsors and trade show exhibitors in collaboration with the host City.
- Source and manage the main Event Planner in consultation with the host City.